Eli went back to work this week. He had taken 2 weeks off after Jacob's birth. In addition to school I was home alone for 12+ hours each day and I realized--- Man this is hard work. Despite this, I never thought something such as motherhood could be so rewarding.Eli is loving being a dad. It is so fun to watch him with Jacob.
We went to a lactation specialist this past week. Jacob nursed on me (no shield!) so well while we were there. We got home and tried it again-- not interested at all. He was just showing off for the nurse. It was a good appointment though. We made goals for this little guy. 1- Gain weight. 2- Discontinue the feeding tube 3- Discontinue the nipple shield. I am sick of these little devices I have to set up, use, wash, and repeat 12 times a day. It is frustrating because after I have fed Jake, pumped, and cleaned everything for next time it is time for him to eat again. I feel trapped because I can't get anything done or leave the house without giving him a bottle while we are out. I am happy Jacob is eating so well though. He was 4 lbs 11 oz last Friday, but on Tuesday Sept 4th he was up to 4 lb 15 oz. One ounce to go and he is back to his birth weight. I eventually want a big fat baby.
Eli calls him "Squeakers" becasue he doesn't really cry much, but he makes a little squeaking noise while he eats, sleeps, etc.
Sometimes when he is sleeping i look at him and think, " I gave birth to a porcelain doll". He is just so dang cute. All mothers must go through this. You just wonder how you could ever love something so much so quickly. I am just loving the experience thus far. I am ready to start getting my body back in shape (Any recommendations?). We walked to the grocery store last nigt and bought ice cream and Mrs. Richardson's hot fudge. I think I'll wait until I have some of that to join the no sugar challenge. Good luck though. I have done that before and felt much better too. It is just so hard to say no to it all.
5 comments:
oh boy do I remember those days of around the clock pumping and trying your hardest to get your baby to nurse. I'm happy to say that it will get better when your baby starts to nurse on his own! I was forced to give Sydney bottles because when she tried to nurse her lips would turn blue and her blood oxygen level would dip to the 50's! She did eventually learn though but only because I kept trying! Keep at it and don't feel guilty about the bottles, he is getting breast milk and that is so important!
Yeah, totally keep up with the nursing. It will get really easy & fast in no time!!
He really is such a handsome baby. He seems so alert with those pretty eyes!
Booby trap is right eh? I can remember those times when you feel like all you do is feed & diaper. I believe that we are sent our babies needing us so much & so often for a reason. There is no other time in life when they will want you or need you so much, ever again. So sit down & hold him and stare into those beautiful eyes (which he clearly got from his Mom!) & enjoy him. Before you know it he will be all grown up & you'll long for this time again! You're doing great & it will get better!
Janel he is sooooo beautiful. Way cuter than a porclein doll.
Thanks for the words of encouragement. This is hard work. But I love it.
Post a Comment